Baking Bread
Why bake bread? With Breadtalk, Gardenia, Sunshine so readily available, buying bread is so convenient and they taste great!
4 years ago, I bought a loaf of bread but forgot about it for a week. When I checked it, it looked as good as new; or rather, it looked the same as the day it was bought. I began to wonder what was in the bread to make it last so long. Would I eat bread that even fungus and bacteria won't touch?
I also read a book "Super Baby Food" and it described a very nutritious bread. Good for kids and adults too. I then bought a bread machine and started baking.
For those who want freshly baked bread daily but do not have time to bake, buying a bread machine is a good idea. All you need to do is put the ingredients into the machine the night before and you get fresh bread in the morning. One of my Muslim friends use it as an alarm clock during fasting month. The smell of freshly baked bread wakes her up early in the morning feeling happy and alert. Another friend bakes a loaf in her machine whenever there is a party in her daughter's school. I hear her fresh sandwiches are a hit! I have another friend whose mom is diabetic. She bakes wholemeal bread with honey to reduce her mom's sugar intake. I hear her mom likes to dip them into her coffee in the morning. My friend also eats them with curry! Yum!
It's been years since my first loaf of bread and I have progressed from sandwich breads to cinnamon rolls. I bake twice a week. On Sundays, I bake something fun like cinnamon rolls, cream cheese rolls, an pans or cheese buns. I bring half to my son's swim class. The parents and kids love them! The kids like to peek into my bag to see what I have baked for them. The other half serve as breadfast the next day. My son brings the remainder to school for recess. On Tuesdays, I bake a sandwich loaf. This serves as lunch. The remainder is also for breakfast and my son's snack in school. I intend to share my bread recipes and pictures of my bread. I will be baking banana and walnut rolls tomorrow and will post the pictures.
4 years ago, I bought a loaf of bread but forgot about it for a week. When I checked it, it looked as good as new; or rather, it looked the same as the day it was bought. I began to wonder what was in the bread to make it last so long. Would I eat bread that even fungus and bacteria won't touch?
I also read a book "Super Baby Food" and it described a very nutritious bread. Good for kids and adults too. I then bought a bread machine and started baking.
For those who want freshly baked bread daily but do not have time to bake, buying a bread machine is a good idea. All you need to do is put the ingredients into the machine the night before and you get fresh bread in the morning. One of my Muslim friends use it as an alarm clock during fasting month. The smell of freshly baked bread wakes her up early in the morning feeling happy and alert. Another friend bakes a loaf in her machine whenever there is a party in her daughter's school. I hear her fresh sandwiches are a hit! I have another friend whose mom is diabetic. She bakes wholemeal bread with honey to reduce her mom's sugar intake. I hear her mom likes to dip them into her coffee in the morning. My friend also eats them with curry! Yum!
It's been years since my first loaf of bread and I have progressed from sandwich breads to cinnamon rolls. I bake twice a week. On Sundays, I bake something fun like cinnamon rolls, cream cheese rolls, an pans or cheese buns. I bring half to my son's swim class. The parents and kids love them! The kids like to peek into my bag to see what I have baked for them. The other half serve as breadfast the next day. My son brings the remainder to school for recess. On Tuesdays, I bake a sandwich loaf. This serves as lunch. The remainder is also for breakfast and my son's snack in school. I intend to share my bread recipes and pictures of my bread. I will be baking banana and walnut rolls tomorrow and will post the pictures.
Labels: Why bake bread

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home